Friday, December 31, 2021

 Year End Wrap up.


photo source:vogue.com
Celebrate a little!

It's pretty hard for me to believe but I've been producing this blog since 2014, I will be starting my ninth year! I hope that my writing and editing skills have improved over that time. I fell into a pretty steady schedule of a new post every week. Some months have five weeks and so the yearly output varies. 

I don't pretend to think that I'm some kind of automotive Sage, with all the answers. I'm just a regular guy who struggles with getting enough money, motivation and focus to get something done with my old cars. I probably could use to improve my focus, which is actually something that I'll be working on next year.

Things have opened up since the height of the pandemic lock downs and I've gone to a couple of swap meets. I'm still trying to stay careful and safe and I hope that we can all emerge from this eventually, healthy and intact. 

I've seen many auto blogs fade away after a year, due to many problems; loss of time, loss of interest, and maybe the loss of content. I still like to talk, even if it's all one sided, and I still have a stable of cars that give me plenty to write about, especially if I'm actually doing something with them. 

My family has advised me that blogs are old hat, that nobody really wants to read, anything, and that video output is what people want to see. So prepare for some links to my my new series of TikTok videos! 

Of course I'm just kidding, I'm no dancer, my groove thing hasn't had a good shaking in quite a while.  I just want to write a column, like my favorite automotive writer Peter Egan did for many years. 

I'm still involved with several forums where I am a constant commentor. The newest, as I shared a couple of weeks back, is with the Antique Automobile Club of America. I've started a couple of long term threads where I'm sharing some of my projects with my cars, They are kind of like the build threads on the HAMB. However, my cars are too new to discuss on the HAMB so I've found a home on AACA. Of course I will always include the newest and most detailed stuff here. 

I also get to include my memories, musings and ramblings here, those other forums don't have a format to include that. Producing this blog is a big part of my automotive hobby and I get a lot of satisfaction from it.  I don't have many subscribers, but the number of page views has been steadily increasing over the years. I think that there are some folks out there reading my stuff and finding it interesting or amusing enough to come back to. 

Thanks for that. Happy New Year to all.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment