Friday, April 28, 2023

 Personalizing my '06 Mustang.


The spoiler is on it's way, and should look something like this.




My Mustang had a few minor mods done to it before I bought it.

They were mechanical changes like the open air intake and the Magna Flow mufflers.

The original radio was swapped out for a Kenwood in dash cd/ bluetooth/ Garmin Navigation combo unit with a back up camera. The door cards got a black accent panels added. 

So far all I've added was the intake plenum cover, which was a gift from my Wife for Father's Day. I also added a set of black floor mats to protect the factory tan units.



Yeah, I like that look!

Last night I ordered a front spoiler lip from American Muscle. It's been out of stock for several months. Now it was discounted 15 bucks and has free shipping. I decided to jump on it while it's still available.


While I do love this model, I really don't want to own
 an actual example.



My goal is to add a little bit of '69-'70 Mach One flavor and styling. The '69-'70 model fastback is my favorite. 

Of course, Mach Ones have always been fast backs. My car is a convertible, so I'm not trying to make an actual replica. 


Note the black tail light panel.

The rear end is a bit thicker looking than the early model


The honeycomb pattern matches the grille.


In the back, I plan to add the black honeycomb deck lid panel, as well as the black tail light trim that makes the tail lamps look like three lenses. 

The stock pedestal rear wing looks good to me, and references the vintage unit. 




I don't plan on changing the wheels. These are the original, standard 17 inchers, and I prefer an unchromed alloy wheel. Though maybe I'll re-polish them.

I'm glad that my car didn't come with the usual "Bullitt" style wheels. They look nice, but are a bit too common, though they came on my '07 coupe.




One interior addition will be a satin chrome trim around the cup holders. I never liked that plain open hole in the plastic console. I'm going to stop with that addition, even though there are all kinds of "billet" items I could add throughout the interior. 

All of these additions are available through American Muscle. They aren't a sponsor but I've been pretty satisfied with their products and service. 

                                           --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I just finished installing the front spoiler. It was easy to position and attach, since it has four screw attachment points. It's well designed. The weight of the unit is supported by the bottom lip of the lower grille opening, so the weight is never supported just by the 3M tape. It doesn't hang down too far, I've found that it easily clears most parking spot bumpers. The finish is attractive, and I see no need to paint it, since it fits the vibe of the car perfectly.

It's nice to have a car that is so well supported by the aftermarket, it makes me want to pry open the wallet and spend some more money!


No comments:

Post a Comment